This presentation highlighted agency experience with RTIMIS elements having the overall objective to improve traffic incident management through automated sharing of available real-time information.
The following system elements were highlighted:
- Real-time data sharing system
- Cross-agency, cross-jurisdictional cooperation
- 911 Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), and Signal systems
- Secure, login protected access to system networks
- Automated Data Extraction (zero operator impact)
- Data Filtering
- Automated Data Injection (Not yet achieved for 911 participant; Web application available)
Immediate value to VDOT
- Up to 88 percent of accident discovery was by Virginia Safety Patrol (VSP) CAD.
- Thirty-four (34) percent reduction in clearance time across 67 miles of I-95.
Additional value to integration partners
- Reduced operator communication workloads.
- Improved situational awareness.