Autonomous delivery operator in Ann Arbor Michigan designs robot to operate on road instead of sidewalk.
This article referenced cost data from an autonomous robot delivery operator in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Cost of delivery using a robot: $2.00 to $2.50 per package
- Cost of delivery using a human: $11.00 to $12.00 per package.
Market factors supporting a successful deployment:
- User acceptance (e.g., students on college campuses that are quick adopt new technology).
- Areas with a high density of restaurants.
- States with robust autonomous vehicle regulation.
Robot delivery: $2.00 to $2.50