By using state-of-the-art ITS tools and resources, the SMART SunGuide TMC staff of 15 operators and supervisors coordinate with the FDOT Road Rangers, Road Watchers, Florida Highway Patrol and other TMC partners to verify incident and congestion locations. This information is then used to post the appropriate messages on Dynamic Message Signs (DMS), the 511 Interactive Voice Response Advanced Traveler Information Service (ATIS) and website (www.511SouthFlorida.com), the SMART SunGuide web site (www.smartsunguide.com), email and text alerts. As part of the South Florida ITS Coalition, information is also shared between the FDOT District 6 SunGuide TMC, FDOT District 4 Palm Beach County Interim Traffic Management System (ITMS), and Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise TMC in Pompano Beach.
- Live traffic map, showing real-time events and Road Ranger assists as they are recorded in the SunGuide software
- DMS messages and CCTV video images viewable by moving the mouse over map icons
- TMC contact information to provide feedback regarding all services, submit information requests,and schedule tours.
- SMART alerts sent via email or text message with real-time lane blockage information
- Google map available as a viewing option
- Performance measure reports posted weekly
- Public forums for the sharing of transportation related ideas
- Compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act
(Our website has many links to other organizations. While we offer these electronic linkages for your convenience in accessing transportation-related information, please be aware that when you exit our website, the privacy and accessibility policies stated on our website may not be the same as that on other websites.)