The City of Baton Rouge, Louisiana estimated the total cost to create a bike share system in the city in an implementation plan.
In 2016 the City of Baton Rouge, Louisiana began an effort create a bike share system in the city. Their Bike Share Business and Implementation Plan includes detailed start-up costs for a mid-sized bike sharing systems. The city estimated these costs as follows:
- Office Technology/Equipment/Supplies/Postage: $35,000
- Administrative and Personnel: $161,000
- Marketing/Outreach/Media Expenses: $7,500
- Conference/Travel/Memberships/Training: $1,500
- Escrow/Professional Services: $20,000
- Tools/Shop Setup: $10,000
- Insurance: $15,000
- Vehicle Expenses - Purchase/Wrap/Gas $55,000
- Facility Expenses - Warehouse and Office: $9,000
- Wireless Data Provider: $6,000.