A traveler information system that transmits road weather and traffic information wirelessly to the transportation management center.
The Mount St. Helens Traveler Information System, deployed on Washington State Road 504, cost of $499,526.00. The equipment deployed included the following.
- Road weather information services (RWIS) station on SR 504 at Bear Creek (milepost 35).
- Highway advisory station (HAR) on I-5 at the junction of SR 504 in Castle Rock.
- Closed circuit TV(CCTV) camera on SR 504 at the U.S. Forest Service Learning Center (milepost 33).
- Variable message sign (VMS) on eastbound SR 504 at Milepost 0.75 (just off of I-5).
- Wireless communications system to transmit the data to the Southwest Region Transportation Management Center (TMC).
- No additional staff or funding was provided for operations or maintenance of this project.
(Our website has many links to other organizations. While we offer these electronic linkages for your convenience in accessing transportation-related information, please be aware that when you exit our website, the privacy and accessibility policies stated on our website may not be the same as that on other websites.)
Traveler Information System with wireless communications system (RWIS, HAR, CCTV, VMS) - $499,526.00